COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The term “personal data” in this policy refers to personal information which can identify guest as an individual. Voluntarily provided personal data may be collected as part of:
- Fulfilling reservations or requests for information or services
- Accommodating your personal preferences
- Purchasing our products or services
- Submitting job applications
- Facilitating communications
- Verify identity of guests
- Protection of personal interest
- Implementation of security measures in compliance with the law.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The types of personal data that is collected and process may include, but not limited to:
- Personal details, contact information, passport and visa information
- Guest stay information, including the hotels (under the management of Container Hotel Group) where guest have previously stayed, arrival and departure date, goods and services purchased, special requests made or any personal preferences, telephone numbers dialed and faxes and telephone messages received
- Credit card details, account details, profile or password details and any frequent flyer or travel partner program affiliation
- Any related information necessary to fulfill guests’ special request or preferences
- Reviews or opinions relating to Container Hotel Group’s services
- Information collected by closed circuit television systems and other security systems
- Information relating to the credit of guest
METHOD OF USAGE OF GUEST’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Container Hotel Group may utilize and disclose relevant portions of guest personal data and information to complete the below:
- Process and/or confirm hotel arrangements
- Provide and place charges for the hotel accommodations that guest have selected and purchased
- Provide privileges, benefit and personalized level of service to guests
- Process job applications
- Fulfill contractual obligations to guest or whomever involved in the process of travel arrangement and vendors (e.g. airline operators, credit card companies)
- Conduct market analysis, market research, customer satisfaction and quality assurance surveys
- Respond to guest request for information and services
- Ensure safety and security of guests
- Administer general record keeping
- Facilitate direct marketing, promotional and customer management purposes; sending sales promotional communications or exclusive offers if guests have consented to receiving such information.
- Facilitate matching for whatever purpose which utilizes personal data
- Meet legal and regulatory requirements
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Container Hotel Group reserve the right to disclose any guests’ personal data and information if they are compelled to do so by a court of law or requested to do so by a government body or if deemed necessary to comply with the law or to defend Container Hotel Group’s rights or property. Container Hotel Group also reserve the right to retain any information collected and process as necessary such information to comply with accounting and tax rules and regulations.
Container Hotel Group may share aggregated demographic information with business partners, affiliates or other entities. These information is not linked or unable to trace its origin back to a particular guest.
Container Hotel Group do not permit the sale or transfer of personally identifiable information to a third party.
Intention for usage of personal information (including name, address, telephone numbers, emails or any other contact detail) in order to forward marketing communications including but not limited to direct mail, email, telephone calls and SMS containing news, offers and promotions. Container Hotel Group may use any guest information for direct marketing purposes with prior guest’s consent. Nevertheless, guests may opt-out from receiving any marketing communications at any time, free of charge, by “opt-out” instructions contained in the communications.
COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
In order to maintain accuracy of personal data and to prevent unauthorized access, Container Hotel Group have carried out appropriate physical, electronic and managerial measures to safeguard and secure the personal data that have been collected. These measures are subject to ongoing review and monitoring. No matter with every effort to protect guest’s personal data, no security measures may guarantee that guest’s personal data and information will be fully protected from interference, misuse or hacking and Container Hotel Group will not be responsible for any loss, misuse or alteration arising from such incidents.
In a bid to enhance guest’s browsing experience, our website may contain cookies which are text files that have been placed in guests’ computer browser to store his/her preferences. Cookies alone will not reveal any personal information unless it is authorized by the guest through method such as registering for hotel services.
The hotel utilizes cookies to understand site usage and to improve the content and offerings on hotel website. An example would be to personalize guests experience while browsing webpage such as saving guest name, username and/or password when he/she returns to hotel website.
MODIFICATIONS OF POLICY
Container Hotel Group may at any time modify the policy. Any changes to the policy will be posted on the website to keep guest informed on the ways that personal data is collected. Updated versions of policy will include the date of revision at the end of policy.
Any changes to the policy is effective upon posting of the revised policy on the website. Usage of website then will constitute your acceptance of the revised policy